Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
ST /SC CONNECTORS - IMPACT MOUNT®
The IMT ST (Straight Tip) and SC (Subscriber Connector)
connectors are part of the Valdor Impact
Mount® connector line that is all-mechanical and field installable. Both types have 2.5 mm ferrules.
The IMT ST connector has a bayonet-type housing and a spring-loaded ferrule. The housing and the ferrule are made
of metal. The connector stays in place with a "twist-on/off" mechanism. The IMT SC connector has a square body
with a standard SC plastic housing and a metal ferrule. It is a snap-in connector that uses a simple push-pull
mating mechanism. Both types of connectors are high in demand for various applications.
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- minimal fiber stripping (1/4")
- wrap ferrule tip around fiber - quick polishing within seconds with no epoxy
- mounted with all-positive-stop mechanical tool
- field installable and user friendly
- stable readings with little variation
- long-term usage, minimal replacement
- Green technology - no chemicals or hazardous fumes
- Data / Telecom
- Oil exploration
- Security equipment
- Aerospace / Military
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.