Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
SMA FIBER CONNECTOR - IMPACT MOUNT®
The IMT SMA (Sub Miniature A) is a robust fiber optic connector that is composed of a threaded coupling housing.
It uses a screw-on mechanism. The connector body is made of metal and it is compatible to the standard SMA-905
that has a 3.14 mm straight ferrule. Valdor’s IMT SMA is available in two metal tip sizes (1.2 mm and 1.7mm)
for fibers ranging from 125µ to 1250µ. This mechanical connector can withstand high temperatures without experiencing hot spots,
and is ideal for medical applications where noise interference due to chemicals is a great concern.
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- ideal for high energy laser delivery
- high temperature application
- uniform heat dissipation, no hot spot
- hermetically sealed fiber to connector
- NO signal interference with chemicals
- field installable and user friendly
(2 minute installation)
- stable readings with little variation
- long term usage, minimal replacement
- custom drilled hole sizes available
- connector tip sizes in 1.2mm and 1.7mm
- Data / Telecom
- Oil exploration
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.