Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
FC CONNECTOR - IMPACT MOUNT®
The IMT FC (Ferrule Connector) connector is an all-metal connector that has a threaded housing body. It uses a
screw-on mechanism and is all-mechanical. The fibers are spring-loaded to manage the power as the plug is fastened
into the holder. It has a 2.5 mm ferrule. An alignment key stops the fiber from rotating while the connectors are
being mated. The IMT FC connector offers stable performance in high-vibration environments.
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- minimal fiber stripping (1/4")
- crimp rear of connection on buffer
- wrap ferrule tip around fiber for quick polishing within seconds
- mounted with all-positive-stop mechanical tool
- stable performance in high-vibration environments
- long term usage, minimal replacement required
- field installable and user friendly
- Green technology; no chemicals or hazardous fumes
- Data / Telecom
- Oil exploration
- Security equipment
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.