Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
SP MINIATURE CONNECTOR KIT - IMPACT MOUNT®
IMT SP (Splice) miniature connector is the smallest mechanical connector available in the market today with a 2.5 mm
ferrule. It is a mechanical splice connector specially designed for Valdor's Omega Enclosures. The SP connector
is composed of a unique metal ferrule with no housing. Two ferrules terminated with separate fibers are
mechanically mated with a C-sleeve. The SP multi-fiber connections are mounted onto a cartridge or a cassette
and can be placed inside much smaller enclosures for field repairs and cable extensions. These connectors can also
be used in service enclosures/boxes for adding more lines. No expensive splicing equipment is required. It is
ideal for mining and military applications in harsh environments.
- mechanical miniature splice connector
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- high temperature applications (160C)
- high density applications
- ideal for limited space
- designed for Omega Enclosure line
- ability to reopen enclosure for servicing
- ability to add or drop lines in existing service enclosures / boxes
- stable readings with little variation, long term
- multiple mounting options: circular cartridges or 6-/12-Pak cassette trays available
- Data / Telecom
- Oil exploration
- Aerospace / Military
- Security equipment
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.