Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
LC CONNECTOR - IMPACT MOUNT®
Valdor’s IMT LC (Lucent Connector) field installable connector
is the latest IMT connector type being introduced to
the industry. This small form LC connector has a 1.25 mm ferrule and uses a retaining tab mechanism, similar to a
RJ45 connector. It is also available in duplex style with a plastic clip to join two LC connectors. The LC ferrule
is made of metal designed for the impact mount process while the body is made of plastic, similar to the SC
connector. This mechanical IMT LC connector is becoming one of the most popular connectors in the market today in
Cable TV, LAN, Data processing networks, FTTH/FTTP and other high-density applications.
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- mounted with all-positive-stop tools
- stable readings with little variation
- long term with minimal repair/ replacement necessary
- wrap ferrule tip around fiber for quick polishing in seconds
- field installable and user friendly (two minute installation)
- Green technology - no chemical, no hazardous fumes
- high density applications
- Data / Telecom
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- FTTH / FTTP
- Cable TV
- Security equipment
- Oil exploration
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.