Valdor's Impact Mount® fiber optic connector line (IMT) is all-mechanical and field installable.
It offers long-term usage with minimal repair or replacement, and is suitable for harsh environments.
These connectors contain NO epoxy or index matching gel typically found in other mechanical connectors available on the market.
The mounting concept is based on dynamically compressing metal ferrules uniformly around optical fibers creating a hermetic seal.
The unique features of the IMT connectors provide stable readings with little variation even in harsh environments.
Field termination is quick and easy. The Impact Mount®
Termination Hand Tool is universal and can be used for all types of IMT fiber optic connectors including LC, ST, SC, FC, SP, and SMA.
OMEGA RIGID & FLEXIBLE ENCLOSURE w/SP CONNECTORS
multimode & singlemode applications
Valdor's OMEGA Enclosure line
is designed for cable repairs and extensions in the field.
The mechanical SP miniature connectors are placed onto a compact cartridge inside an enclosure for multi-fiber
installations. The Omega enclosures can bypass service panels and offer on-the-spot repair, reducing costly
downtimes. This enclosure line is ideal for harsh environments. It maintains stable readings with little variation.
The Omega enclosures are specifically for mining tunnels, manholes, hubs, and building conduits.
- mechanical miniature splice connector
- NO epoxy or index matching gel
- for multiple fiber cable applications (1 to 48)
- 1x2 cable fan-out option
- ideal for cable repair, extension and joining
- ability to reopen for servicing
- for space-restricted panel applications
- fully sealed and water-tight
- all mechanical - no electricity required
- field installable and user friendly
(5-minute installation per connection)
- ideal for harsh environment and high temperature applications
- maintain stable readings with little variation
- accomodate standard fusion splices
- Green technology: no chemicals or hazardous fumes
- FTTH Indoor and outdoor locations
- Oil and Gas
- Security equipment
Impact Mount® Technology Concept
The mounting process is accomplished in three steps:
- Impact Mount tool dynamically compresses the metal ferrule tip around the fiber
- Crimps buffer at the rear of the connector
- Polishes end of ferrule in 20 seconds
Note: Additional crimping for Kevlar cables provides further stability and strength.